TP 240 HDD (was: [ltp] Suse 7.1)

T Dale linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:21:26 -0700

OK, thanks for the info.

But back to the original problem ... Is there anything about the Suse Linux
installation on that drive that could have made the unit suddenly and
inexplicably go dead, e.g. fry the system board? If such a thing is possible
and the unit comes back with a new system board, I'd like to know before
reinserting the same hard drive and frying another another board. I know the
problem w/ LM sensors and Thinkpads has been mentioned here (supposedly only
found in the 2.4 kernel, which I did not have installed). Is there anything
else to watch for, and might LM sensors also be a feature or option in a
previous kernel?