TP 240 HDD (was: [ltp] Suse 7.1)

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:04:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
Have you heard anything from IBM about this yet?  I'm wondering now if
it is even safe to update to the 2.18 kernel without recompiling to
remove problem parts?

Thanks.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, T Dale wrote:

  My thanks to Chris, who recommended removing the drive before sending in the
  unit, and to Crispin, who assured me it could and should be done. After a
  talk with an IBM Serv tech who was very helpful, I learned that removing the
  drive on the TP 240 is about as straightforward as is removing the battery.
  And he assured me it's perfectly OK to send it in without the drive.

  Now I only hope the unit's unexplicable loss of power has nothing to do with
  either the drive itself or the Linux installation on it.