[ltp] A20p tty's

Jim Peden linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
2 May 2001 08:17:47 MST

I am trying to get my PalmPilot to sync on to my thinkpad A20p/RedHat 6.2=
=2E I
keep getting the error 'pi_bind: Invalid argument'.I double checked all o=
f the
configurations items for the sync software. So I pulled the src and start=
ed
adding debugs to it. It turns out that it doesn't believe that any of my
ttyS[0-2] are really tty's. There's a call in the src to isatty(). It alw=
ays
returns FALSE. I checked my pcmcia config and I do exclude IRQ-3. =

My /proc/devices contains tty. Here's a copy:

  Character devices:
  1 mem
  2 pty
  3 ttyp