[ltp] RH 7.1, TP21 no /dev/ttySx working

John Morris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 21:21:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Eric Nichols wrote:

> Your posts have me asking myself what I imagine is a newbie question:
> Is there a tool or utility under GNU/Linux that lets me see the IRQs
> that have been assigned to system devices? My background is in
> DOS/Windows and I know where to look in that environment but not in
> linux.

Just jumping in.... :)

Try this command (shown with example output)

[jmorris@odin jmorris]$ cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:  201633590    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:      61696    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:   54180800   IO-APIC-level  aic7xxx
 11:  117178758   IO-APIC-level  eth0
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

But note that it doesn't show devices which aren't being used so the
serial/parallel ports don't show in that file unless something has them
open at the moment.  Watching the bootup messages (also use dmesg or look
in /var/log/dmesg) will tell about serial ports, but be aware that on boot
it just puts in the default interrupts.  If you need to fiddle with
interrupts you need to use setserial (8).

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!
Geek code 3.0:GCS C+++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ W++ N++ w--- Y+ 5+++ R tv- b++ e* r