[ltp] Fujitsu discs

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 10:44:15 +0000 (GMT)

Just in case anyone is interested.

I decided to go down the IBM DJSA-220 (20 GB) route, heh it was half the
thickness of the drive i took out, It is complete silent save a few clicks
when reading an writting, compared to the Whine (dead rattle_ my old 8GB
had WOW! Fitting was pretty easy 770X seems to have an odd Tobacco tin to
put your hard disk in so I will not be "swapping" drives.

The BIOS recognised all 20 GB, Win98 install hung when trying to put "user
settings" ME installed fine did hang a bit on windwos update stuff (Sorry
guys/girls I do like MS office).

More importantly Linux (Suse 6.2) installed out of the box no problem,
Though I did blow it away for my custom build.

I ordered it wednesday evening, from dabs.com (135 UKP with vat) They say
it would be in stock in 1-2 days (Inwas going away on the thursday ->
monday anyway) the disk arrived when came back on monday.

All it all, dabs was great it has a nice online ordering process, in was
infact "nice" to use wow.., the hard disk works great, and my headache as
gone.

I can recommend this drive to anyone wanting an update. 135 pounds well
spent in my book.

James

(I am still awaiting my battery)