[ltp] RH 7.1, TP21 no /dev/ttySx working

Tom Grydeland linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 18:02:41 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 3 May 2001, John Morris wrote:

> On 3 May 2001, Rob Mayoff wrote:
>
> > If you have pcmcia support installed with PNP support, then
> > the "lspnp -v" command can also be very useful:
>
> Well darn.  Now I have to go reinstall the plug-n-pray stuff because that
> looks like something too useful to go without.

No.

This has *nothing* to do with the kernel plug-n-play support.

All you need to do is to compile the pcmcia package with pnp tools.
Again, this is completely independent of the kernel pnp setup.

and yes, the lspnp/setpnp tools are *very* useful.

See Till Straumann's posting to this list in February:

<URL:http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/archives/200102/msg00141.html>

--
//Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no>