[ltp] NumLock

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 05 May 2001 08:47:43 -0400

But here is the problem: I used xev to see what keycode was associated with
the numlock/scrolllock button. It  turns out to be 78 (even with
shift+scrolllock/numlock). It would need to be 77 for the (keycode 77 =
Num_Lock) to work. Right?

Yet, there must be a combination of keystrokes that produces 77. I know that
because I accidentally hit them :-)
Tino Keitel wrote:

> On Saturday,  5. May 2001 02:59, D. Sen wrote:
> > How do you switch NumLock on and off on thinkpads while under X? I have
> > a T21, running XFree8 4.0.3.
> >
> > Somehow accidental keystrokes enabled the NumLock, (I dont know what
> > combination of keys I hit). Once it was enabled, I could not find a way
> > to disable it (had to use an external keyboard eventually). I tried
> > xmodmap -e "Keycode 77= Num_Lock......but found that the
> > NumLock/ScrollLock Key is tied to keycode 78 (with or without the shift
> > button).
> >
> > DS
>
> I have this line in my .Xmodmap (TP 765L, XFree86 4.0.3):
>
> keycode 77 = Num_Lock
>
> Tino

D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research