[ltp] T21 -- RH 7.1 no MPEGs with xmms

Friedemann Baitinger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 6 May 2001 00:25:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, D. Sen wrote:

> Yup, xmovie, xine, OMS, xmms have been broken ever since there has been
> xvideo support in the savage driver. Before xvideo support in the driver,
> I could watch mpegs just fine.

Do you still know which version supported the mpegs? I'd like to give it
a try to patch that version into the XFree86-4.0.3. I have also reported
this problem to Tim but never heard from him (Tim, are you still working
on this?) ever since. Development of the savage driver seems to be
'stable' at version 1.1.15.

> Tim, asked me to run a few xvideo tests on my T21 in February. None of the
> tests worked. So, he is aware of the problem.
>
> DS
>
> Friedemann Baitinger wrote:

> > The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
> > http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
>
> --
> D. Sen, Room E167
> AT&T Labs-Research