[ltp] Recomendations on the "best" distribution for TP

Martin Fluch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 17:09:41 +0300 (EEST)

Debian. If you know already UNIX and like learning the beauty of a realy
nicely packed and designed distribution. Debian is packed by voluntears
and they don't have any schedules to obey, there is no presure by any
marketing strategies to get this or that software into the new release,
there is no presure to make a new release until a certain due date. And
you can see that in the result, stable means _stable_. The text based
installer Debian 2.2r3 (the most recent stable version) is really nice.

Check their web site at http://www.debian.org

Martin