[ltp] Recomendations on the "best" distribution for TP

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 23:57:54 +0100 (BST)

On 7 May 2001, Forrest English wrote:

> this is basicaly going to turn into a distro war.   to my knowledge, all

Not necessarily. All that was requested was our recommendations, as long
as nobody starts taking things personally, or sniping, we should be
perfectly capable of holding a civilised discussion. For the record, I'd
suggest debian - the package management/general quality is superb, and
staying current is trivially easy thanks to apt.

--
To err is human, To purr feline. -- Robert Byrne