[ltp] Recomendations on the "best" distribution for TP

Michael Gratton linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 08 May 2001 10:19:38 +0930

Forrest English wrote:

> i'm pleasently surprised that it hasn't gone the way i thought it would.
> and also somewhat surprised at the sheer numbers of debian users on this
> list.

Well, given that there's nothing Debian can't do, I'm not. 8) Notch me
up as another Debian user, on both a 600X and a T21.

It honestly suprises me that anyone with any real Linux or Unix
experience can not use Debian. It's sleek, efficient, robust, it's made
by people who not only have a clue, but who actually care. It's an
sysadmin's and a unix-savvy person's dream.

If you're new to Linux or unix or want a replacement for Windows, use a
commercial distro, else use Debian (or possibly Slackware).

Mike.

--
? Mike Gratton - mike@vee.net
! Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.