[ltp] Recomendations on the "best" distribution for TP

Adam linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 21:20:34 -0400 (EDT)

Ive ran Debian and Progeny on the TP for some time now
Debian runs GREAT, Progeny runs good as well, I havent used my TP lately
due to the fact that I have a work machine (running Progeny) now that was
its replacement. Progeny has a X based install (for beginners to the
Linux OS), and a good hardware detection system, as comes with X4, which
is also a Excellent feature. I don't think you would have any trouble
installing/running it even if you've never touched Linux.

Although redhat is knowen to be "Better for beginners" its (IMHO) Only for
beginners, and has its security problems... Plus the RH7+LMSensors
problem.

(This wasent to Flame RH, im just telling oppinion, and fact based by my
experiences with RH, Debian, and Progeny.)