[ltp] Performace Tuning Options A21p

Brendan Byrne linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 8 May 2001 16:31:54 +1000

Hello,
I remember reading something about tuning for faster disk access. I have
looked through the archives but can't find the post.
I found Star Office quiet slow when I installed it while runing gnome on
Xfree86 4.0.1. (have not run it since)

Does anyone have any suggestions about changes that should be made to an
'out of the box' Red Hat 7.0 with upgraded gcc, glib and XFree86 to 4.0.3.
on a TP A21p.
Either faster disk access or completely removing/recompling any packages...
or even compiling the kernel if someone can tell me how and what the
advantages are.
The built in mini PCI modem/Network does not work. I think the network card
should work, as its module is in the kernel, but I only found that out after
I ^tried^ to install the vortex 3com drivers. Still trying to pin point what
I have done wrong and how to reverse the damage.

Thanks!
Brendan