[ltp] Recomendations on the "best" distribution for TP

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 8 May 2001 09:39:40 +0000 (GMT)

I think basically All distros work, the only question is the distro
correctly setup Xwindows for you, and perhasp to a less extent sound. So
if you know how to setup Xfree86 Pick which ever you like!

Just my 2c, I run a Homebrow distro, that I compiled myself ;-) Though I
had to pick one I would go suse with debian second.

As to Workstation/Professional/Server, Some times this just affects the
ammount of FAT and propritory stuff that is bundled with the distro, It
can also affect it header files for compiling are install.

in general, just get linux installed with what ever version seemed
like a good idea at the time. Then add/fix anything missing.

James