[ltp] X crashes on A20m?

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 8 May 2001 20:18:05 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Mark Beierl wrote:

> After a resume if I change vidmodes (xvidtune -next) the system hangs -
> I mean completely dead - not even a kernel panic.
>
> Anyone seen this kind of thing.  I've tried X 3.3.6 and now 4.0.2 (both
> on 2.2.18 kernel) and still the same thing.

I have an A20p, which I've run with L-2.2.18/X-4.0.1 and L-2.4.3/X-4.0.3 -
I haven't seen any freezes, although istr there were reports of suspend
related problems as late as 4.0.2 *if* you weren't also running an fb
console. I don't [and didn't] have the problem you're describing, but to
be fair, I haven't used xvidtune, or even changed resolution from my
default [1400x1040]

--
        "Do you think there's a God?"
        "Well, SOMEbody's out to get me!"