[ltp] modem on 770X RH7.1

Wed, 9 May 2001 07:13:05 -0700

Hi All,

Newbie trying to learn. RH 7.1 installed like a dream on my TP (I chose the
Laptop option). Was surfing the net via my nic card in no time. My next tasks
are Modem, Sound and, if possible, Parallel zip100.

So this question is re: the Modem. I found my way to IBMs MWave drivers and
downloaded them. The docs make reference to and RPM but I never found it so I
went the source install route.

I followed the docs all the way to insmod mwavedd or modprobe mwavedd. I tried
both and both said they couldn't find the module. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Scott