[ltp] T21 Savage driver issues (Was: T21 -- RH 7.1 no MPEGs

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 09 May 2001 17:02:27 +0200

"D. Sen" wrote:

> Markus Alt wrote:
>
> > "D. Sen" wrote:
> > >
> > > Strange. I am really curious to see your XF86Config-4 file.
> >
> > Good hint! The "video=vesa:mtrr,ywrap" stuff didn't help BTW (I haven't
> > used it until now). *But* this XF86Config idea made me try booting into
> > runlevel 3 (i.e. without X) and voila: No problems with the framebuffer
> > VCs when switching from LCD to CRT and back!
> >

> Glad it worked :-) I also boot into runlevel 3 and then run 'startx'. I am
> attaching my
> XF86Config-4. Hope its of use. Its basically the one generated by running
> XFree -configure
> to which I added a modeline ( to get a higher refresh rate for my external
> monitor) and the
> following options to get around the scolling hang bug.
>        Option      "ShadowStatus"
>         Option "LCDClock"  "200MHz"

Believe it or not, but it still doesn't work! I've taken your XF86Config
file and the only thing I had to modify was to comment out the
   FontPath   "unix/:-1"
line as I don't have a font server running. X then started with the
default font path which made KDE look a kind of strange, but worked.
However, after going back to VC and switching displays - my old problem
again! I must admit that I'm at my wit's end ...

Anyway, Tim, I guess that this should be a configuration problem on my
side and that the driver should be able to perform this operation. So I
will stop bothering you with that stuff from now on. ;-)

> I notice that your DRI section is enabled. Mine isnt. Does that mean you
> have 3D support?

Not that I'm aware of. I got this setting by running SaX2 and have never
cared that much as all the other settings basically work.

Markus