[ltp] [Newbie] : Burning Caldera eDesktop 2.4

sylvestre meininger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:11:14 +0200

Hi all,

I know I'm missing something here.

I downloaded the CD image from Caldera's website using GetRight. The
transfer (cable modem) was interrupted a few times, but I assume it went
correctly since GetRight said so. Furthermore, the icon automatically linked
the ISO file with my burning software.
I burned it with Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 following Caldera's ISO-Howto.txt
instruction file. Everything went smoothly but what should have become the
"Binaries and Installation CD" doesn't work. Windows can't even read it.
The little ISO-Howto.txt file says to compare the cksum and md5sum values of
my download with those provided by the download site, but I couldn't find
these data on Caldera's website, so maybe there's something wrong here...
The help file also mentions something about being cautious about Binary Vs
ASCII formats, but I could not fathom what it meant : I just downloaded what
was offered for download.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here. Anyone care to help ?

sylvestre