[ltp] sleeping pcmcia and hanging X

Mark Beierl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 14:10:06 -0400

The problem I had on my 600x was that the BIOS was putting the pcmcia
subsystem to sleep to conserve power.  Some, but not all, pcmcia card drivers
manage to assert the busy line properly, letting the bios know that they're
still there, but I had to go into the DOS (Win) tp utility and under power
management->advanced set the pcmcia auto power mode to disabled (on all the
time).  I noticed *no* reduction in battery life.  (2 - 2.5 hrs normal usage)

Regards,
Mark