[ltp] [Newbie] : Burning Caldera eDesktop 2.4

Gerald linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
10 May 2001 20:21:10 -0400

Not a solution but a method to the madness.... I have troubles with DLd
ISOs too. That is why you should get at least a 5 pack of CD-RWs. Down
load your ISO and burn it, and try it. If it works reburn it with a
CD-R, else blank the TOC (table of contents) and use it another day!
Better than creating coasters! :-)

FYI: I tried to try out the Corel ISO and every copy did the same
thing... The floppy drive on my TP600 started chattering and the string
"08 " started to fill up my screen. It was a bummer but, all I ended up
doing was blanking the disk and tried another distro. I DLd Mandrake 8
twice to get a clean copy that worked.

Gerald