[ltp] T-20 LCD go out?

Fri, 11 May 2001 12:19:33 -0700

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 03:11:58PM -0400, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> On Friday 11 May 2001 02:40 pm, Bill Arbaugh wrote:
> > Has anyone had a T-20 LCD go almost completely dark?  I turned on my
> > machine this morning and I can barely (if it all) see the display.  The
> > brightness control does nothing.  Fortunately, I can still hook a monitor
> > up and get a display so the video card is still good.  I'm pretty sure
> > it's hardware, but I thought I'd ask just in case.
> >
> > thanks, Bill
> probably the backlight has had it
>
> send it back to IBM...

I dropped my iBook a little while ago and had the same thing happen.
It's the backlight. :'( There is a small chance that something in
software/bios isn't telling the backlight to turn on, but you'd
probably figure that out if that was the case.  Most displays are
totally integrated as one piece, so it is probable that you won't be
able to replace just the light element.

I feel your pain. ;')

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   phil@netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil