[ltp] Recomendations on the "best" distribution for TP

Ted Lin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 11:47:03 -0700

Being the masochist that I am, I have installed Suse 7.1, Redhat 7.1,
Debian, and unsuccessfully, Mandrake 8 on my 600x  (even the text install
hangs). I am currently running Debian and might switch back to Redhat
because I paid for it, and because I'm more comfortable with rpm... and
because I have 3 other rpm based machines. Gerald, you might look at
Libranet (www.libranet.com); that's the Debian dist I'm using. Like Suse,
they don't make iso's available (maybe just told ones) but you can download
it for $15.

-ted