[ltp] sleeping pcmcia and hanging X

Ted Lin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 11:52:47 -0700

At 10:16 PM 5/10/2001 -0400, Dean Hedin wrote:

>OK,  Sounds like the problems I was having with RH on my 600e.
>Check your bogomips and make sure you machine is not running
>at a slow speed (i.e power saving 75 mhz).  You can check this in
>KDE by going into the control panel under Information, Cpu.
>
>Under this condition I was having all sorts of problems with KDE locking up.
>Usually it would lock up when I was sliding a scroll bar in the file manager,
>when a tool tip poped up, or when a windows focus change occured.
>Sometimes I would have a mouse pointer that would move, but

This is exciting news to me! Except that I'm not sure that's my problem.
The symptoms are the same as you describe, and I can reproduce the lockup
just by running (in KDE) kpackage, and scrolling the vertical scrollbar up
and down a few times. My machine appears to be running full speed, but I
went into the ThinkPad Configuration control panel (under Windows) and
under Power Options Properties/Advanced Settings disabled CPU Power
Management. Still happens. :-(
Is this not the setting you are talking about?

thanks.