[ltp] PCI/CardBus issues

Mike Barnard linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 12:05:32 -0400

	Hi, folks. I've tried searching the web for a solution to this problem,
but I have yet to come up with one. Here's the deal: I just got a Thinkpad
760XL and installed Red Hat 7.1. I'm getting errors from the kernel saying,
"No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:02.0" and "No IRQ known for
interrupt pin B of device 00:02.1" There's also a message that suggests
using "pci=biosirq," but I've tried that and it doesn't help.

	Those devices are the CardBus bridges for the PCMCIA slots. They're Texas
Instruments PCI1130 bridges, for what that's worth. I saw a few references
to this problem on the linux-kernel mailing list (it apparently cropped up
in pre-release versions of the 2.4 kernel) but they all seem to indicate
that the problem's been fixed.

	The only PCMCIA device I have is a US Robotics Megahertz 33.6K modem,
which seems to work fine despite the errors (but I'm guessing it's not a
CardBus device).

	Does anyone have any clues about this?