[ltp] T-20 LCD go out?

Yvon Dubois linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 07:10:51 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0DC7F.AEBE2C70

It seems to be a common problem for older thinkpad, mine does it too. I have
read about it on different news group. In some cases it is related with the
AC power supply but if it does not disappear when you run from the battery
with AC supply disconnected from the notebook there is not much you can do
except buying a new one.

Yvon.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Langhorst [mailto:brad@langhorst.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 8:01 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com; Jones, John
Subject: Re: [ltp] T-20 LCD go out?

On Friday 11 May 2001 05:08 pm, Jones, John wrote:
> Mine flickers when it's been on awhile.  Is that the same thing?  What
does
> something like that cost to fix if you send it back to IBM?
> john
It might just be a loose wire if you're seeing flickering
but if the backlight is gone i'm guessing about a grand if you have to pay
for it yourself.
But unless you've physically damaged the laptop IBM will likely fix it under

warranty.

brad

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0DC7F.AEBE2C70

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [ltp] T-20 LCD go out?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>It seems to be a common problem for older thinkpad, =
mine does it too. I have read about it on different news group. In some =
cases it is related with the AC power supply but if it does not =
disappear when you run from the battery with AC supply disconnected =
from the notebook there is not much you can do except buying a new one. =
</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Yvon.</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Brad Langhorst [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:brad@langhorst.com">mailto:brad@langhorst.com</A>]</FONT>=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 8:01 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com; Jones, =
John</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: [ltp] T-20 LCD go out?</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>On Friday 11 May 2001 05:08 pm, Jones, John =
wrote:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Mine flickers when it's been on awhile.&nbsp; =
Is that the same thing?&nbsp; What does</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; something like that cost to fix if you send it =
back to IBM?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; john</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>It might just be a loose wire if you're seeing =
flickering</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>but if the backlight is gone i'm guessing about a =
grand if you have to pay </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>for it yourself.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>But unless you've physically damaged the laptop IBM =
will likely fix it under </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>warranty.&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>brad</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is =
at:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html</A></FONT>