[ltp] Solaris X86 8? on a Thinkpad a21p?

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 14:04:39 +0000 (GMT)

Ack i didn't mean to seen that priveous mail sorry guys n gals.

Are you booting straight from CD?
Have any other OSes with boot cds worked with you DVD drive? My creative
DVD drive does not do bootable CDs or even CDs with boot disks. Know
someone with a CD rom drive for it? Try an NFS install, assuming PCMCIA
works....! Also make sure you power saving is disabled during the solaris
install my 770X went to sleep cos I did not wiggle the mouse, that messed
up one solaris 2.6 install...

Get linux get VMWare, probably is your easiest root.

James