[ltp] Slightly OT -- STSN service at Marriotts

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
18 May 2001 12:23:01 -0500

> I have a 770Z, running RH6.2, with a Xircom ethernet/modem card. It
> works fine in Windows everywhere, it works fine in my office when I'm
> in Linux, it works fine at company headquarters when I boot Linux, but
> eth0 always fails to initialize when I boot Linux at a Marriott.

Perhaps you could be more specific about what's failing.  Like, tell us
what actually appears in your /var/log/messages when you insert the
Xircom card while running Linux and connected to the Marriott service.