[ltp] vmware vs RH7.1 on TP i1300

Ted Lin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 16:18:34 -0700

I believe the release notes for vmware 2.0.4 says that 2.4.3 might not
work. I've been using RH7.1 with 2.4.4 and vmware and it seems to work fine.

 From the rel notes:

Note: Kernel 2.4.3 may not run as a guest because of a networking bug that
has been fixed in kernel 2.4.4. (A failure would generate a message
referring to bugNr=4935.)

-ted