[ltp] vmware vs RH7.1 on TP i1300

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 09:51:57 +0100

Steve Dew writes:
 > I have been trying to get vmware to run on my i1300 (9WU) and I
 ..
 > May 22 09:20:43: Changing SVGA width from 2364 to 1024

Couple of un-informed thoughts:

- It isn't trying direct VGA access is it?  Do you have your
  DISPLAY variable set correctly? (like, if you type (say)
  "xterm", does an xterm window appear?)

- There is an option in wmware which tries to be clever and reset
  your X display mode to match the display mode inside the virtual
  machine.  This should only apply when running full-screen, but
  you could try switching it off: add "gui.fullScreenResize =
  false" to the config file (and I'm not sure which of the vmware
  config files, sorry).

hth,
michael.