[ltp] a21p hibernate under Linux

Dong Liu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 27 May 2001 17:20:02 -0400

Markus Alt wrote:

> This has been asked on an IBM internal mailing list a few weeks ago, so
> here's what I replied then:
>

> There's no black magic incantation and you don't need to boot into
> windows to enable hibernation. Instead there's a thing called
> "Hibernation Utility Diskette II for Standalone Boot" which supports the
> A, T and X series. You will be able to get it from support section of
> the ThinkPad page at http://www.pc.ibm.com/thinkpad. Select your model
> and search for the term "hibernation".

I did get to the driver matrix and  the most close thing I could find
is hibw4win.exe which is hibernation utlities for win 95/98/NT.

I tried a search on "Hibernation Utility Diskette II for Standalone Boot"
on ibm's website but got nothing.

Ben suggested phdisk.exe, I could not find it on ibm's web side either.
I did find a phdisk.exe from acer's web site. I don't think it is going
to work on thinkpad :=(.

Thanks again!

Dong