[ltp] a21p hibernate under Linux

Dong Liu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 13:16:00 -0400

Markus Alt wrote:

> With regard to the error message you're getting: You should have a
> separate FAT partition for hibernation. This one should be a primary
> partition AFAIK which is slightly larger than your amount of RAM. Did
> you create such a partition and is it empty so far?

Now I finally can hibernate under Linux.  For phdisk.exe to work, there has
to be a FAT partition, FAT32 doesn't work. And the FAT partition has to be
the active partition. So I have to create a FAT partition just for
hibernation :=)

So why IBM changed it? In my 600E I can run "ps2 HFILE" on a FAT32 partition.

Thanks Markus and Ben