[ltp] newbie: what's the best distribution for ThinkPad 600E?

Ricardo Cardenas linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 16:18:58 -0700

Hi- I'm a newbie to Linux. Which in your opinion is the most solid
distribution for ThinkPad 600E's? (With support for devices,
ease-of-installation, etc.)

I have just installed Mandrake 8.0 on my ThinkPad 600E. It works except =
for
two critical areas - it does not recognize my PS/2 mouse nor the =
trackpoint,
and also I cannot get it to recognize and use the IBM 10/100 Etherjet
CardBus PCMCIA networking card. Should both of these work? How can I =
get
them to?

Saludos,
Ricardo C=E1rdenas
rcardenas@alum.MIT.EDU

ps. if a FAQ answers this question, my apologies. I didn't find it.