[ltp] newbie: what's the best distribution for ThinkPad 600E?

Gerald linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
28 May 2001 20:25:12 -0400

I can tell you from experience that none of the distributions will
recognize the Etherjet 10/100 out of the box. You will have to mess with
the drivers or kernel or something.  I ran out of time for messing with
mine (had to get the desktop going), so I switched to a Linksys 10/100
and that is a little pokey and will have to be tweaked.

Mouse got broke when Mandrake goofed up the kernal on 8.0 (see other
posts on this list and around the internet) and it won't recognize a
pointer device now (7.2 works just fine).

Doesn't fix anything but, now you know a little more about what is going
on.