[ltp] a21p hibernate under Linux

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 02:01:38 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 27 May 2001, Markus Alt wrote:

> This has been asked on an IBM internal mailing list a few weeks ago, so
> here's what I replied then:
>
> There's no black magic incantation and you don't need to boot into
> windows to enable hibernation. Instead there's a thing called
> "Hibernation Utility Diskette II for Standalone Boot" which supports the

But the downloadable file appears to be a dos executable, so I would have
to have at least a working copy of DOS, my last copy of which died when my
old 286 gave up the ghost - I may try again w. dosemu, but for now it's
just giving me a 'diskette error' when it tries to extract the image
to the floppy...

--
My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one.
                -- Groucho Marx