[ltp] please help: redhat 7.1 on TP 600X

Na-Rae Han linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 00:56:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Michael Gratton wrote:

> Na-Rae Han wrote:
>

> > the mouse pointer freezes: it moves around all right, but it just
> > doesn't work (relogin helps in this case)
> > or the keyboard or even the entire system hangs, so only powering off is
> > the only way out
>

> You may want to check to see of you are running gpm, the text-console
> mouse driver. If you are, make sure X uses /dev/gpmdata as it's mouse
> device. If you are running gpm, and you're not using /dev/gpmdata,
> you'll see exactly the behaviour you describe.

>From my original message:
"...I also tried disabling pgm, but still having the same problem ..."

Oops, I meant gpm. It was my first guess... I went ahead and disabled it,
so this shouldn't be the cause of the problem. I did it through the
control panel of KDE -> run level controller or something. I disabled it
on every level. Should I be doing it some other way?

Na-Rae