[ltp] Hibernate on Thinkpad T21 with Win2k + RH71

Nigel Metheringham linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:51:04 +0100

I have just set up  new T21 which came with Win2k installed and to
which I have added RH71.

After upgrading to the 2.4.5 release kernel (which incidently works
with the on-board sound, and cures the hangs with the 3com on-board
mini-pci ethernet), I'd like to get hibernate (or suspend-to-disk)
working.

The Win2k install hibernates quite happily.  However it looks
suspiciously as though it is actually using something closer to the
methods used by the linux suspend-to-swap experiments - it has a
hibernate file within the filesystem there, windows saves state into
that, and then on restart windows starts its boot and loads state from
the hibernate file.

I am guessing, from the information I have now found on hibernation,
that I need to get the "Configuration utility diskette" for DOS and
make a hibernation file on the first FAT fileystem (the win2k install
partition).  Do I need to do any additional magic to get this working?

	Nigel.