[ltp] please help: redhat 7.1 on TP 600X

ben knight linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 23:53:22 +1000 (EST)

>> Nope I mean crtl alt del to Close the session , It brings up a logoff prompt,
>> the lets you log out to the login screen. (try it you'll see what I mean)
>
> If I did try it, I guarantee my machine would reboot - trust me, that's
> what it says in /etc/inittab :) I don't use RH/mdk or KDE, so I assume
> they've messed with the vulcan nerve pinch there...

If you're interested:

actually, under X, it probably wouldn't. At a console, yes, init traps
the key and does whatever it says in inittab. Under X, the X server
grabs the keystrokes - passing them on just as any other keystroke would
be. Under some window managers, this will lead to a logout window such
as mentioned above. Other window managers [fvwm] ignore the keys.

:)

Probably too much detail....

prepare to die, nerdboy!!!   - bun bun