[ltp] removing power of sleeping 770Z

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
30 May 2001 10:43:49 -0500

I discovered this today and perhaps some others will find it useful:

My 770Z was sleeping on AC power with no battery.  I disconnected the
power (having forgotten that I'd ejected the battery) and immediately
realized what an idiot I was.  Then I noticed that the green LED
indicating sleep mode was still lit.  I put the battery in and when I
opened the lid, it woke up without complaint.

So apparently some Thinkpads can survive for at least a few seconds
without power if they are in sleep (not standby) mode. (Of course they
can survive forever in hibernate mode.)