[ltp] Audio not getting resources on TP600

Peter Hutnick linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 05:32:26 -0600 (CST)

I have a TP600, and I am trying to install the Alsa (0.9.0beta8 with main tree
kernel 2.4.12) driver for the CS4236.

I think that the reason that the module won't load is that the card isn't being
allocated resources.  pnpdump says:

~# pnpdump
# $Id: pnpdump_main.c,v 1.27 2001/04/30 21:54:53 fox Exp $
# Release isapnptools-1.26
#
# This is free software, see the sources for details.
# This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
#
# For details of the output file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
#
# For latest information and FAQ on isapnp and pnpdump see:
# http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/
#
# Compiler flags:  -DREALTIME -DHAVE_PROC -DENABLE_PCI -DHAVE_SCHED_SETSCHEDULER
-DHAVE_NANOSLEEP -DWANT_TO_VALIDATE
#
# Trying port address 0273
# Trying port address 027b
[trying lots of ports]
# Trying port address 03eb
# Trying port address 03f3
# No boards found
~#

And here I'd expect to see sound on 5.

/proc# cat interrupts
           CPU0
  0:    1338694          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       7752          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:      29404          XT-PIC  pcnet_cs
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:      35286          XT-PIC  Texas Instruments PCI1250, Texas Instruments
PCI1250 (#2), usb-uhci
 14:      15765          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          3          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0
/proc#

Or am I confused?

Anyway, any and all help and advice is appricated.  Thanks!