[ltp] Thinkpad 760el and Redhat 7

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:29:16 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, George Patterson wrote:

> 	Has anyone installed Redhat 7 on a Thinkpad 760el?  Anaconda keeps giving
> me a signal 9 and crashing.. someone told me to get more ram and it might
> solve the issue.. just curious if anyone has any ideas... or anyone who has
> installed any version of linux on a thinkpad 760el... Thanks :)

I had previously installed Redhat 7.0 on a 760EL with 32 meg RAM. The
installer defaulted to the text install (insufficient memory for the graphic
installation), and it worked flawlessly.

Since RAM is so cheap, you might try an extra 32 meg module (about $15).
Otherwise, you might have a hardware problem somewhere.

Good luck.