[ltp] Battery dying

Harry Mangalam linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:02:25 -0800

Ditto the Li ion battery for the 770X.  I tried for a log time with a previous battery but nothing I did helped - I tried the deep discharge/full recharge to no avail, maybe evenhurried its demise.
Tried a replacement from a second source but it was of much lower quality thatn the IBM.

Hope someone can contradict, but it looks like its an end-of-life issue.

Bob's suggestion about disconnecting the battery sounds like a good one - I've noticed occasssionally that when mine goes to 100% charge, the indicator LED indicates continued charging unless I unplug
then replug.  Probably better to to just PULL the battery and run on wall juice until you need the battery.

Expensive little buggers.

hjm

George Staikos wrote:

> On Thursday 01 November 2001 22:27, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > PMO.  I just bought a new battery in July, and already it's dying
> > just as my last battery did.  When charging, after it charges to
> > about 20% it jumps up to "100%", and when I run on battery it
> > only runs down to about 85% before dropping suddenly to 5%.
> >
> > Is this a firmware bug, or what?
>
>   I have the exact sam eproblem on my i1460.  It goes from 100->75 and then
> immediately to 5%.  :(  I tried reconditioning every way I know how but no
> luck.
>
> --
>
> George Staikos

Cheers, Harry