[ltp] 1163-43G (i1200) Update

Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:21:10 +0000

I installed RH 7.2, the installation ran in graphics mode this time but still did not detect the Graphics adapter, and still had the hang problem. I had to install 4 times before getting it right. Installed first with GRUB but I could not figure out how to specify nousb on boot, tried upgrading and changing the boot manager to LILO but it screwed up the MBR, it printed GRUB on the console and then hung.

So the scenario is install and skip the X configuration.
boot with linux single nousb
run /sbin/chkconfig kudzu --del
upgrade XFree86 to the latest version from  http://www.xfree86.org/4.1.0/

The graphics are really great on with CyberBlade.

regards Martin West

Martin West