[ltp] Battery dying

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:59:04 -0500

Well, I know that once in a while apmd seems to "miss" a bios notification.
For instance my A20p the other day was reporting that it was on battery power
and "charging", even though it was plugged in.  Indeed it was charging fine
and once I rebooted the apm command and the KDE battery meter docklet
returned from lalaland. Its just one of those things. There may be a bug in
the apm bios on your machine or maybe even a glitch in your battery that
causes it to report some absurd charging condition once in a while. I'd try
playing with apm settings in the kernel and/or see if the problem goes away
with a different battery if you have one available to test with.