[ltp] Thinkpad A21P and SDL / GLX?

Dong Liu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:36:00 -0500

Benedikt Heinen wrote:

>>I had the same problem which I did reported to this list. My solution
>>is to get GATOS X driver from http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/ which
>>fixed the problem.
>>

> That did the trick for aviplay...  THANKS! :)
>

> Now - what about glx? Is there a hardware accelerated GLX driver
> that works on the thinkpad?  Or - if it's included in XFree 4.1.0 -
> how to configure it?

The GATOS X driver also has hardware glx support. You have to have the proper kernel
module first. And then you can only have hardware glx in 16 bit depth. But I have
some trouble in running 16 bpp. That is sometime after I exited from graphics mode, my
screen turned to all white and the machine got frozen. The other problem with
this X driver (and the stock X driver) is that I can only have one resultion
in 24 bpp mode.

Dong