[ltp] redhat, thinkpad-600 and 3com combo card

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:02:34 +0100

On Sunday, 11. November 2001 12:20, Victor Bolotnikov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have thinkpad-600 with Redhat 7.2. When booting with ethernet combo card
> 3CCFEM566B the computer stops to work. Some time after starting the pcmcia
> service...
> The card works properly with windows-98 on the same computer and worked OK
> with RedHat 6.0 till I've upgraded Linux.
>
> Didn't find anything helpful at Google.
>
> Can anybody help me please?

You can boot without the card and look into the log files to see what's going
wrong if you boot with the card inserted. Another trick would be to add this
entry to syslog.conf :

daemon,mail.*;\
        news.=crit;news.=err;news.=notice;\
        *.=debug;*.=info;\
        *.=notice;*.=warn       /dev/tty8

If you boot with the card inserted and can still switch to another virtual
terminal you can see the syslog on vt8. Maybe you can see there what's
happens.

I hope that helps.

Tino