[ltp] Re: minipci combo nic/ltmodem on thinkpad X21

David Roundy linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 06:08:55 -0800

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 08:18:51AM -0800, David Roundy wrote:
> Actually, my question is about the eepro100/winmodem minipci combo card
> that IBM sells for its thinkpads.  I have a thinkpad X21 with such a modem,
> and while the nic works like a charm, I'd also like to get the modem half
> working (but obviously it isn't).  I get the NO DIALTONE error (even when I
> remember to plug in the phone line!).

Actually, it turned out that there was no dialtone in the first place.
When I had been installing some ethernet cabling, I had accidentally
removed the wires that ran to the phone outlet I was using!  :)  Once I had
the phone actually hooked up, it worked like a charm.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/