[ltp] strange locking up thanks to the modem..

Mike Johnson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:13:05 +0100

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 19:21, you wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> 	On my Thinkpad 570E running RH 7.1 and stock kernel and everything, I
> have the Lucent Winmodem working very smooothly ever since I first
> compiled and installed the usual driver.
>
> 	However, very randomly and rarely, the machine locks up when I try to
> dial out. There is no pattern to it and it seemingly happens without any
> pattern at all. The only thing one can do is to switch it off manually
> and try again after the reboot. Almost everytime, it doesn't happen
> again but sometimes, it recurs maybe once or twice more - complete
> freeze.

I have an A20p and although the latest Lucent drivers load perfectly
my machine crashes hard every time I try to dial out. Thankfully I have
all my file systems on ext3 so no long waits to fsck after.

Does anyone on the list have the Lucent modem working fine?

Mike.