[ltp] strange locking up thanks to the modem..

David Roundy linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:50:24 -0800

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 09:13:05AM +0100, Mike Johnson wrote:

> I have an A20p and although the latest Lucent drivers load perfectly
> my machine crashes hard every time I try to dial out. Thankfully I have
> all my file systems on ext3 so no long waits to fsck after.
>
> Does anyone on the list have the Lucent modem working fine?

Well, I haven't had a crash yet with it, but I don't use it regularly, have
only used it a few times to check to make sure it works, because I have
cable modem here at home and ethernet at work.  But it hasn't crashed in
the three or four times I dialed out.  I'm using ltmodem6.00b6 (I think) on
a thinkpad X21.  My kernel is 2.4.15pre1.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/