[ltp] strange locking up thanks to the modem..

Ravi Pratap M linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
14 Nov 2001 22:58:25 +0530

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 20:42, Thomas Hood wrote:
> What is the output of "hdparm /dev/hda"?

	Well, if you are asking me, it is :

/dev/hda:
 multcount    = 16 (on)
 I/O support  =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 nowerr       =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    =  8 (on)
 geometry     = 1559/240/63, sectors = 23572080, start = 0

	Anyway, I think the problem is fixed if I don't connect up the cable at
all, try a dummy dial, cancel and then plug in the cable and dial out
nicely :) Wonder why ?

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M                    <ravi@ximian.com>
                        <http://primates.ximian.com/~ravi>