[ltp] Thinkpad 600 CDROM woes

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:57:30 -0500

Well, in my experience ANY ide device that starts giving you that "DriveReady
SeekComplete Error" stuff is in bad shape, though it can be caused by other
problems. Sure sounds like bad hardware though. Kind of a classic set of
symptoms for CD drives. Its POSSIBLE you could have a dirty lens, you could
try cleaning it.